Employment Readiness Module
At the end of the module you will:
- Review the benefits of access and inclusion of people with disability as customers and employees in your organisation
- Explain workforce disability inclusion preparation including:
- Minimise barriers when working with people with a disability
- Learn workplace acts and legislation
- Learn about types of disability employment
- Fine assistance and support for disability employment inclusion
- Learn about wages and awards
- Volunteering – having a person with a disability doing volunteer work
- Why hire a person with a disability
- Fitting the right job to the person.
What are the objectives of this course?
- Discuss disability inclusion fundamentals and your organisation
- Identify and outline workplace Legislation and Regulations with interactive examples and scenarios
- Understand disability employment options
- Identify the help and support available for employers of people with disability
- Understand wages and awards, support and subsidies for disability employment.